- 800g yellow pumpkin
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 small carrots cut into slices
- 1 medium dried onion
- 4 tsp. TREA Extra virgin olive oil – Koroneiki
- 1 lt vegetable liquid stock
- 1 tsp. mixed spices (cardamom, curry, nutmeg)
- 1/2 fl. cream
- some fresh basil leaves for garnishing
Heat TREA Extra virgin olive oil – Koroneiki in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not colored. Add the spices mix, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, potato, and the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer in moderate to low heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches. Return soup to saucepan, pour the cream and reheat gently.
Serve the creamy pumpkin soup, garnished with a few drops of TREA Extra virgin olive oil – Koroneiki and some fresh basil leaves.